19/02/2008

In keeping with tradition...

I am doing a movie post wrap up today, much like I did yesterday, casting stories just don't warrant a post each, so it's time for what is seemingly the trend of the moment, a daily digest.

Gambit Cast in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Every day without fail it would see some more news relating to casting on this project pops up.

God knows why but Gambit of all people has been cast in this film now. It's almost like the studio is doing it's best to give the fans what they want and couldn't get in the X-Men films. Screw logic, continuity and accurate back story, if a semi popular X-Man can be shoe horned into this film he/she will be.

Anyway, Taylor Kitsch has been cast as Gambit (I much preferred the possibility of Josh Holloway from Lost) some kid from some American football TV show, I know, I am struggling to keep on top of the scorn for this post. He has reportedly signed on for a 3 picture deal, so maybe a spin off is in the works, I really hope not.

On top of this the rumour of Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool in a cameo capacity is still circulating. This one I hope is true because that casting sounds spot on and as a character Deadpool more than deserves his own movie.

Street Fighter II Casting

It's surely another one of those times you just have to ask, why?

This had up until now, slipped past me, I had no idea this movie was even being made. Well it is, the full title being: Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li.

Who is playing Chun Li, I hear you ask, well, um Kristin Kreuk of Smallville infamy. More casting revealed today was Michael Clarke Duncan as Balrog, Chris Klein as Nash and finally Rick Yune as Gen. I can't say I have ever heard of the last two characters.

Andrzej Bartkowiak, is directing from a script by Justin Marks. Shooting is down to start in March in various exotic locales, Bangkok, Hong Kong and sunny Vancouver.

On a totally unrelated note I watched the pilot for the new Knight Rider series this evening. I was pleasantly surprised. It mixed the old very nicely with the new. It wasn't ground breaking, but as mindless entertainment it was spot on.


No comments: