18/03/2008

Narnia or Mars?

After a very slow few days, I finally have some news to report! That makes me happy.

First off, which would you rather have Narnia or Mars, specifically John Carter of Mars.

It would seem that if Prince Caspian isn't a hit for Disney we can expect a trilogy of films adapted from the famous John Carter of Mars books and produced by Pixar.

For those who aint in the know these books were written by Edgar Rice Burroughs, the author behind Tarzan. The short synopsis is that John is an American Civil War veteran who is transported to Mars and has a whole bunch of outlandish and amazing adventures there.

Jim Hill (an industry insider) on his blog said that execs at both Pixar and Disney are anxious to get the franchise started immediately, he says its more than likely that we can expect the first film in 2012, or sooner if Narnia tanks.

He also say that: "From what I've heard, studio suits seem to be cooling to the idea of producing movie versions of all seven of C.S. Lewis's 'Narnia' books. And unless 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian' does truly huge box office once it's released to theatres in May of this year ... Disney & Walden Media will probably still go forward with production of the already-in-development 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.' But after that ...the Mouse would then mostly likely pull the plug on the rest of the proposed 'Narnia' film series." The Mouse being Disney.

I am quite looking forward to seeing John Carter of Mars film, I am even tempted to read the books. So make sure you go here for all the information fro Jim, or just keep an eye here for all the latest developments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hated Narnia as a kid but love it now, and from what I've seen of Prince Caspian it looks pretty fucking awesome. I think it'll be a hit along with a few other summer releases but as the trailers seem to be everywhere I look they've really gone out and spent a shit load on the promotions of this film. I hope they make the Narnia on mars cos it is a concept i havent really seen much of for a LONG time and more recent mars films have been shit...I think the last good mars movie I watched was total recall (a mother fucking classic and must see)