25/02/2008

Oscars

So it was the Oscars last night, I didn't bother to watch them though as I must admit I find aware ceremonies kinds tedious.

The genre (Bourne in my eyes being a genre film) winners are bellow (in bold):


Achievement in Art Direction
American Gangster
Atonement
The Golden Compass
Sweeney Todd
There Will Be Blood

Achievement In Film Editing
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Into the Wild
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood

Achievement In Sound Editing
The Bourne Ultimatum
No Country for Old Men
Ratatouille
There Will Be Blood
Transformers

Achievement In Sound Mixing
The Bourne Ultimatum
No Country for Old Men
Ratatouille
3:10 to Yuma
Transformers

Achievement In Visual Effects
The Golden Compass
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Transformers

Well there are no surprises there really. Head over here for a breakdown on all the results.

It's a shame there were not more genre wins, but then again, it's never a surprise that there are not, head over to here, to check out my previous post on the ceremony and compare what could have won but didn't.

I will say well done to Diablo Cody for best original screenplay for the film Juno, very much deserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked this post a lot cos i didn't follow the oscars as i'm sure millions didn't but we all wanna know the nominees and the winners so this basically cuts out the hours of (in my opinion) bollox and contains the few mins of excitment :p a bit like people who dont follow footy games just the results :p